Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Things I learned in 2010

(a continuation of 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009)

Patience, not absence, makes the heart grow fonder.

Saying goodbye to a loved one doesn't get any easier no matter their age.

Stability is comforting.

There's just some things you shouldn't bring up.

Older is better.

Ray LaMontagne in person is even more amazing than he is on his albums.

It's ok to cry (sob even) when your heart is broken.

Even at 30, being a grownup isn't easy.

One bedroom apartment living is the way to go.

If something seems different, it probably is.

It's ok to be attracted to a serial killer, as long as he only kills bad people... on tv... and is named Dexter.

Uptown Espresso makes THE best latte.

If it hasn't happened by now, it's very unlikely that it will; accept it and move on.

I'd totally go on a cruise again.

Sometimes you just have to let people make mistakes.

This really is the last time.

I have enough positive people in my life that I don't need to mourn the disappearance of the unkind and flat-out disrespectful ones.

Hard work and persistence pays off... most of the time.

Discovering you are allergic to hops can make Oktoberfest a bit anticlimactic.

I am worth the risk.

I need a real summer with real sun and real warmth.

Ugh, you're right: its not all about me all the time.

Women are way better at figuring out the logistics than men.

There's nothing quite like being with Mom and Dad on Christmas.

30 is scary but once you get there it's ok.

1 comment:

Cristen said...

you ARE worth the risk.